Smart Cities for Community Development
The masterclass will comprise of three sessions that will provide participants with a unique perspective on the intersection between technology, data and community development.
The first session provides the foundation knowledge on the what and why of smart cities. The topics covered include:
- Definition - this is where it starts, and where our mindset on smart cities is calibrated!
- Benefits - this is all about the 'why?'
- Standards - are a very powerful tool for building consistency, opportunity and scaling of smart cities solutions
- Framework - how do you 'do' smart cities?... breaking it down for quick action, and long term value
- Enablers - learn about the seven core technology and data enablers of smart cities
The second session involves a case study focus, outlining examples of how others are using technology and data to enable greater community development outcomes. These case studies will include both national and international examples.
And finally, a workshop session to bring much of the theory and case study content together, allowing participants to work with their peers and scope opportunities for their own smart cities projects that seek to enhance opportunity and prosperity for the community. This final session will be facilitated using a series of online templates within a web-based tool called the Smart Cities Activator, to which participants will have ongoing access if they choose.